- Irk: Have I ever mentioned that I think Alien(s) was created out of a need for mean to confront the fear of rape and pregnancy that they never normally have to deal with?
- Irk: mean = men
- Irk: Everything scary about the xenomorphs: 1. Penetration 2. Impregnation which ruins your life as you know it 3. Just acting safe won't stop them because nothing will ever stop them unless you are Ripley and well, even then.
- Char: I've heard similar, possibly from you
- Irk: I'm surprised it's not more evident
- Irk: like, in culture
- Irk: Hey maybe we can change rape culture by sitting people down to watch Alien(s) and then pointing out the obvious
- Irk: "You say she was asking for it by not protecting herself, but that big bad space marine set security on that tunnel and still got eviscerated by a giant penis monster."
- Irk: Which goes to follow that the only way to stop rape is to nuke rape culture from orbit
- Irk: It's the only way to be sure
I get it—you’re a decent guy. I can even believe it. You’ve never raped anybody. You would NEVER rape anybody. You’re upset that all these feminists are trying to accuse you of doing something, or connect you to doing something, that, as far as you’re concerned, you’ve never done and would never…
I will never ever be able to emphasize how important and dead-on this post is.